Owner/Certified Personal Trainer
I have been involved in fitness and sports since I took my first steps and, as a personal trainer I have the opportunity to share my love for fitness. I try to help my clients find what works best for their body, personality and goals. In addition, I feel it is important to keep the workouts interesting and dynamic so my clients are always challenged. As an athletic trainer, I have had extensive experience rehabilitating injured athletes and training them to peak performance. As a member of the 2009 US Women’s Street Hockey, I also served as the head Strength and Conditioning Coach. I have worked with expectant mothers and new mothers to help them reach optimum health. At any level, my most successful clients have made a commitment to reach their goals and have recognized the importance of personal training in their plan.
- B.S. Athletic Training; Roanoke College
- National Athletic Trainers Association – Certified Athletic Trainer
- National Strength and Conditioning Association – Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist
- National Council on Strength and Fitness – Certified Personal Trainer
- Motherwell – Certified Maternity Fitness Specialist
- American Heart Association – CPR, AED
Certified Personal Trainer
Kelly has been living her passion as a certified Personal Trainer since 2003 helping clients of all ages achieve their individual goals and personal bests. Kelly has competed in Power Lifting and Olympic Weight Lifting, where she medaled in the ’99 Junior Olympics at age 15. Through her athletic feats she has had personal experience with knee and ACL rehabilitation. She has also worked as a Lecture Instructor for the ‘Personal Training 1’ course at WorWic Community College. With specialties in muscle gain, weight loss, Bootcamp instruction, core/stability training, flexibility, competition preparation, sports training, and aging and special populations, Kelly offers a guiding hand, whether you need a gentle nudge or a firm push toward your goals.
- B.S. Exercise Science; Salisbury University
- American Aerobic Association International/International Sports Medicine Association – Certified Personal Trainer
- American Council on Exercise – BOSU Instructor Certification
- American Red Cross – CPR, AED
I first became interested in fitness when I started running to lose weight back in high school. Weightlifting, and exercise in general, helped me build my confidence as well as provide a framework for making responsible, healthy decisions outside of the weight room. Because of this I chose to transition my career from office work to personal training. Personal training allows me to share my love of fitness with others - I really enjoy watching people progress while reaching and surpassing their goals. I specialize in weight management, muscle development, and strength training.
- National Strength and Conditioning Association - Certified Personal Trainer
- American Red Cross - CPR/AED certified
I have been teaching Boot Camp and GroupX with Charm City Fitness for going on 3 years and have worked in the health/fitness industry for almost a decade! One of my passions/hobbies is running. I have completed 2 marathons and numerous half marathons. My goal is to one day be an Iron(wo)man! I believe fitness should be "fun" and rewarding. I live by this quote from A League of Their Own: "It's supposed to be hard, if it wasn't hard everyone would do it, the hard is what makes it great."
- Health Fitness Specialist (ACSM)
- Group Exercise Instructor (AFAA)
I have been actively involved in sports and fitness since I was 4 years old and in the weight room since I was 13 years old. I believe that it is not all about how you look and how many pounds you lose, but more about how you feel in your skin. My training philosophy focuses on variation and I am always changing workouts to meet clients needs because the body will adapt to routine slowing results. I have served as a resource to family and friends for years writing workouts and providing nutritional guidance. I look forward to helping clients in the professional field now as well.
- B.A. Exercise Science - Salisbury University
- American College of Sports Medicine - Certified Personal Trainer
- American Red Cross - CPR/AED certified