Owner/Certified Personal Trainer
I have been involved in fitness and sports since I took my first steps and, as a personal trainer I have the opportunity to share my love for fitness. I try to help my clients find what works best for their body, personality and goals. In addition, I feel it is important to keep the workouts interesting and dynamic so my clients are always challenged. As an athletic trainer, I have had extensive experience rehabilitating injured athletes and training them to peak performance. As a member of the 2009 US Women’s Street Hockey team, I also served as the head Strength and Conditioning Coach. I have worked with expectant mothers and new mothers to help them reach optimum health. At any level, my most successful clients have made a commitment to reach their goals and have recognized the importance of personal training in their plan.
- B.S. Athletic Training; Roanoke College
- National Athletic Trainers Association – Certified Athletic Trainer
- National Strength and Conditioning Association – Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist
- National Council on Strength and Fitness – Certified Personal Trainer
- Motherwell – Certified Maternity Fitness Specialist
- American Heart Association – CPR, AED
I first became interested in fitness when I started running to lose weight back in high school. Weightlifting, and exercise in general, helped me build my confidence as well as provide a framework for making responsible, healthy decisions outside of the weight room. Because of this I chose to transition my career from office work to personal training. Personal training allows me to share my love of fitness with others - I really enjoy watching people progress while reaching and surpassing their goals. I specialize in weight management, muscle development, and strength training.
- National Strength and Conditioning Association - Certified Personal Trainer
- American Red Cross - CPR/AED certified